Saturday

Wikia Food & Tech Event:



This September I was honored to be one of 6 chefs asked to cook at Wikipedia's Food & Tech Event at San Francisco's Ferry Building
(view the event's website here)



The chefs and I were given a list of about 20 recipes, that had been submitted by Wikia Followers, and we were told to choose one recipe.
We were given the freedom to be creative and add our own personal twists to the recipe we chose.

I Chose a Salad with Apples, Gingered Walnuts and Gorgonzola (recipe)
I chose this recipe because I love all these ingredients and it seemed very fresh and like something I would make for myself anyway!

I decided to make a trio of what would be a first course, entree and dessert, incorporating all three main ingredients into each course.
First Course:
(the recipe chosen) Gorgonzola, Apple and Ginger Walnut Salad served in Endive

Entree:
Buckwheat Blini topped with smoked trout, gorgonzola creme fraiche and green apple peels for garnish

Dessert:
Apple Cobbler with oat and walnut crumble and honey ginger Marscapone
(recipe)


The First and Second Course


Topping the Apple Cobbler with Honey Ginger Marscapone


Being a dork :o)

The End



No comments:

Post a Comment