Tuesday

Marinated Feta

Spread over warm crostini and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic


Mindee and I were first introduced to marinated feta in Greece this summer.  You know the Greeks...they looooove their feta!
Since then, we always have a bowl of this deliciousness marinading in the fridge.  It has become my new favorite condiment, and I'm sprinkling it on almost everything these days, from my poached egg in the morning to my crostini with grilled asparagus (recipe) at lunch

There are only a few ingredients here, so choose good quality cheese and oil! I used sheep feta but goat is just a yummy. I think next time I make this I will use a harder cheese.  This brand happened to be a little too soft, which has great flavor but you want the cheese to keep its shape more than mine did.

Ingredients:
20 oz feta
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 T garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
1 Heaping T of Herbs de Provence 
1 t black pepper corns
1/2 t sea salt, or to taste

Directions:
Cube the cheese and set aside
Whisk the remaining ingredients in a bowl
Add the cheese and gently toss
Let sit for 30 minutes before serving
Serve at room temperature
Transfer to a container with a lid so you can keep it in the fridge
Enjoy- I know you will!

No comments:

Post a Comment