Tuesday

Packing For a Picnic


Greek CousCous Salad

Summer is here in San Francisco!
I can actually say it has been "hot" in the good ol' "Fog City"
Which means I can no longer get away with out shaving my legs for 2 weeks or not wearing deodorant, damn :o)


With this beautiful weather comes picnic-ing...
Whether you are living in a big city, or a quaint town, it is so important to make time to enjoy the outdoors. Spending time in nature is good for your health, mind and mood. Can you believe it, hanging out in the sun releases serotonin, the happy endorphin! (more on ways to increase Endorphins)

I have been having so much fun lately packing a picnic and riding my bike around discovering parks. There are SO MANY parks in SF, who knew?!
Lately my favorite park has been Allyne, tucked away in a quiet hilly neighborhood, it reminds me of something I'd stumble across in Paris' Montmartre District.

Picture I took in Paris' Montmartre


Allyne Park, San Francisco (map)

Today I was tight on time, but it was too beautiful to have lunch indoors, so I decided to whip up a quick, nutritious salad.

(I will be adding many more picnic recipes this summer, but for now, here's just a simple couscous salad)

Greek CousCous Salad
Made wonderfully first by my cousin Mindee.

Ingredients:
Equal Parts couscous to boiling water
Cucumber, chopped
Tomato, chopped
Chickpeas (I used a can of organic)
Good quality organic feta
Balsamic Vinegar and EVOO to taste
S&P to taste

Add Boiling water to couscous, cover and let stand for 5 minutes
Fluff with a fork.
Now, toss in the remaining ingredients!

It's all up to you on proportions, you really can't go wrong here!

No comments:

Post a Comment