Friday

Comfy Cozy Breakfast for the "wait, what, it rained last night!?" kind of morning



Ok, the pros and cons of not having a television:
Pors: Obvious
Cons: will it rain or shine?

I woke up this morning to the smell of wet pavement.  Yes, I do love this smell, it brings me back to childhood for some reason, but, come on, it's April!

My plan was to head to my favorite neighborhood cafe, Crave, order a Cafe Au Lait and work on my computer for an hour or so...
But, I think I'll stay in this morning...

Ingredients to make a perfect Comfy Cozy Morning:
A warn bowl of gooe and coffee covered in foam!


Warm bowl of gooe
Yields 2 serving
Ingredients:
1/3 cup Quinoa
1/3 cup Oats
1 1/5 cups Almond Milk (or what ever you have)
cinnamon stick
1 t vanilla extract
1 T ground flax seeds (optional)
2 T Pecans (or any nuts yo have on hand) toasted and chopped
drizzle of honey

Combine the first 6 ingredients in a sauce pan
Bring to a boil
Reduce heat to a simmer and cover
Cook until water is absorbed and quinoa is cooked, about 15 minutes
Divide evenly in 2 bowls
Top with extra milk, honey and nuts


There is nothing more blissful than warm foam touching my lips!

I recently discovered how to make FOAM at home and have been walking on sunshine since!


Heat your milk in a small sauce pan
Pour into a french press
Pump vigorously
voila!

This was only about 1/4 of the way full, the rest you see here is the magical foam

No comments:

Post a Comment