Monday

Aunt Izzy's Brown Sugar Nut Shortbread

I can't believe I've lived 26 years without these, how did I ever survive!?
Someone tell me, honestly, is there anything better than butter, sugar and nuts melting in your mouth?


I was introduces to these little bites of heaven at The Royal Wedding Tea Party Izzy and Mindee hosted.
Mindee is so creative.  She served these in tea cups as party favors to guests as they left.  I finished mine before I made it to the car.
card reads: "You're my cup of tea! xoxo, Mindee"

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 cup pecan pieces (I used almond meal because that's what I had on hand)
pinch of salt
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup dark brown sugar

Preheat oven to 300
Grind the nuts.
Combine nuts, flour and salt
Cream the butter and sugar
Mix in nut mixture
Serving Options:
Either Press down into an 8 inch spring tart pan or use baking papers.  Mold with your hands to fit the shape of papers you choose and prick the tops with a fork.  I've used squared like shown in the picture, round and oval. 


More Photos from The Royal Wedding Tea Party


Silver is polished and China is placed
Cream and sugar is served along side jam and my mom's scones on cake stands


Beautiful assortment of tea sandwiches

Nana serving herself tea sandwiches

The Royal Wedding is played on TV while we eat, drink and laugh


No comments:

Post a Comment