Monday

BBQ oysters at Heart's Desire

For those of you who think you don't like oysters because you've only experienced them raw (like I) it's time you have a BBQed oyster!
I'll admit, it may just be the butter and hot sauce smothered on that make oysters so delicious.  But whatever it is, I don't care, they are amazing!  So meaty and fresh, how have I been living life without these little fishy bites of heaven?  Ok, that's a little much, but,  shame on whomever thought my first oyster experience should be raw.  Shame on you.  You've ruined me for the past 10 years.

A friend who's currently living in Switzerland has returned home for a short two week visit and we figured what better reason to squeeze in some fun day trips and things we don't do nearly enough (like hikes, Tomales Bay, movies, BBQs...)


The beautiful drive to Tomales Bay is about an hour
and worth every minute and twisty turn
We stopped at Tomales Bay Oyster Company to stock up on the goods- 150 oysters, gloves you're suppose to wear, and one of those special knifes for "shucking"
Morgan's first BBQ oyster 
Cynthia and Justin make a great team
Biddle is a shooter pro

No comments:

Post a Comment