Saturday

Oh, Honey!

Amaretto and Honey Grilled Bananas
 Amaretto is an Italian, sweet, smooth, almond liquor.  It is wonderful in cookies, and cakes or even savory dishes like lamb.  My dad is a retired Italian man, which mean the 3 liquors always on hand are: grappa, limoncello and amaretto.  A couple other kitchen staples of my parent's are bananas and plain Greek yogurt.  One morning I was staying at my parent's house and decide to throw these flavors together for breakfast.  This is shaping up to be a deliciously spiked Sunday....
The Amaretto and honey are so delicious together! Beware though, I kept making more and before I knew it I had the munchies :o)



I put this over greek yogurt, but how delicious would this be poured over pancakes!?

Serving for 2
Ingredients:
Equal parts Honey to Amaretto (up to you :o) )
I did 1/4 cup of each
2 bananas sliced at an angle 
1 cup Yogurt
Slivered Almonds for garnish

Preheat the broiler
In a bowl mix the honey and liquor 
add the bananas and toss gently
leaving the extra sauce in the bowl, use a fork to gently place on a baking sheet
Broil for 3 minutes
Meanwhile, divid the yogurt among serving bowl and drizzle with the extra sauce
Take the bananas out, gently turn each banana slice over and return to the broiler
Broil and Additional 3 minutes
Divid the slices among the yogurt and top the Slivered almond

No comments:

Post a Comment