Tuesday

Raisin Bread Pudding

This breakfast was inspired by nothing other than the neglected Raisin Bread waiting untouched and unloved for a month in my freezer :(





Since I was making for one (me!) I used a ramekin, but this can easily be multiplied to feed crowd and baked in a large casserole dish.  This is a good dish to make when you are serving brunch because it can be made (should actually be made) the night before, to soak up all the flavors.  Just assemble the night before, and pop in the oven right before guests arrive.  

Beat the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla 
Add the cubed bread


I flavored plain greek yogurt with vanilla and cinnamon, 
and added a dollop to each ramekin during the last minutes of baking

Yields 2 Ramekins

Ingredients:
2 Slices Raisin Bread cubed (I used Glutino Cinnamon Raisin Bread)
1 egg
Cinnamon to taste
Almond Milk (cows milk is fine if that's what you have on hand)

Greek Yogurt Topping: Flavor with vanilla to taste

Add chopped nut before serving.  I have a ton of slivered almonds left over from an even, which I have been putting on everything for the past month



Finished!
If making in a casserole dish:
8 pieces of bread
4 eggs
4 cups of milk
cinnamon and maybe a little sugar

Other options would be to add more raisins or even a chopped apple.
Try topping with mascarpone cheese


No comments:

Post a Comment